Undergraduate Student Travel Awards
Description: Twenty (20) SEMSS Undergraduate Student Travel Awards will be given to undergraduate students who are interested in exploring careers as physician-scientists. These travel awards are funded by an R15 grant from the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIH/NIGMS) and will consist of $175 stipend to offset registration, housing, and travel expenses.
Deadline: September 15, 2017
- Students must be authors on an abstract submitted to SEMSS.
- Students must be able to attend SEMSS and present a poster based on the submitted abstract.
- Students must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student and have not received their Bachelor’s degree prior to the SEMSS conference.
Applications are evaluated on:
- The quality and originality of research project.
- The student’s contribution to the research project.
- The candidate’s potential as a physician-scientist.
- The candidate’s access to SEMSS (i.e. distance from conference location, lack of local undergraduate institution support for meeting travel expenses, etc).
Questions and concerns can be addressed to:
Robin G. Lorenz, MD, PhD
Download the application description and instructions.
Undergraduate Student Travel Award Application
** 1.)You must also separately register for the SEMSS meeting, 2) submit your abstract for presentation at the meeting (under "Abstract Submission") and 3.) submit your abstract with the travel award application.
Funding for this conference was made possible in part by NIH R13GM109532 from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, a component of the National Institutes of Health. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention by trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government."