Undergraduate Student Travel Awards
Description: Twenty (20) SEMSS Undergraduate Student Travel Awards will be given to undergraduate students who are interested in exploring careers as physician-scientists. These travel awards are funded by an R15 grant from the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIH/NIGMS) and will consist of $175 stipend to offset registration, housing, and travel expenses.
Deadline: September 2, 2016
- Students must be authors on an abstract submitted to SEMSS.
- Students must be able to attend SEMSS and present a poster based on the submitted abstract.
- Students must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student and have not received their Bachelor’s degree prior to the SEMSS conference.
Applications are evaluated on:
- The quality and originality of research project.
- The student’s contribution to the research project.
- The candidate’s potential as a physician-scientist.
- The candidate’s access to SEMSS (i.e. distance from conference location, lack of local undergraduate institution support for meeting travel expenses, etc).
Questions and concerns can be addressed to:
Dr. Robin G. Lorenz, MD, PhD
Download the application description and instructions.